The board position is a three-year term, with elections taking place annually in the fall, and terms starting January 1 of the following year.
As an AEHIA Board member, duties include:
- Participation in monthly one-hour board conference calls
- Providing general guidance and direction on matters affecting the growth and development of the organization
- Possibly performing additional duties related to representing the association as requested by the chair or staff
- Additional support and time may be required of each board member on committees or other involvement
- Committee positions are determined at the beginning of each calendar year
- Total time requirement: 2-3 hours per month, and additional time depending on committee involvement
Candidates for election to the board must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been an active member for the past year
- Must have participated in any of the following: committee work, Fall Summit, educational webinars, online focus groups, surveys, collaboration with peers, etc.
If you meet the AEHIA Board nomination criteria, nominations will open in the Fall.